Sunday, March 29, 2009

Should I make a move on her?

Hello, I'm a junior in high school. I met this girl Freshman year, and we've been friends for two years. As I got to know her, I started to grow feelings for her. Then she had a boyfriend for a good year and 1/2. I waited patiently. When I found out she broke it off with this guy, it was the middle of August, right before school started. I decided to give her time and space and wait until school started to tell her how I felt. When I saw her again, she had a new boyfriend already. I was completely hurt and shocked. I decided to leave those two alone. A piece of me dies a little every time I see them. Up until last month, I barely talked to her. Then we started to find common ground and hang out again. I've been told "if you love her let her go." I've let her go for too long, and I really like her. Maybe I'm in love, I don't know. I really want to tell her how I feel and take a chance, but I'm afraid to lose her friendship forever. What do I do? Wait for God knows how long to let them break up? Or should I take a risk and tell her how I feel before I lose her forever?





HELP!



Tell her!


If you like her as much as you say you do, then you will be honest with yourself & herself and express how you feel.





You dont really have much to lose!


She might just feel the same way about you but never did anything about it because she didnt know how you felt.




i say quit being scared and just tell her....and if the results arent how u planned them you guys werent ment to b together!.....so good luck!




Ouch.





I really feel for you. Thing is, how do you make a move when she's taken? Depends on whether you want her soon-to-be-ex to hate you or not, and if you want to be the good guy or do a little bit of sneaky work.





If you want to keep your nose clean, then try to talk to her more often. On her birthday (or half-birthday...quarter-birthday?) bring her flowers or buy her one of those adorable little perfumes that girls love. On special occasions, even. Or you could announce that today is "start a new love life" day or something along those lines...maybe "say something random day" and tell her that you like her. See how she responds.





If you want to be sneaky, then you could try to get her STBX really really mad at you in the hallway, so that he blows up at you right when she's passing by. Make sure that the reason is really stupid so that it seems that he ex-plodes (good one, right?) over every little thing. This will kind of make her scared of him. Try to be protective of her. Or you could say something that would make him not like her very much. Does she flirt a lot? Any weird/creepy habits? This is a good time to evaluate if you really like her or not...





Be careful. Even though girls think of guys fighting over them to be romantic, it can still be a bit much. And if she goes through so many guys so quickly, you may want to think about whether or not you want to be cast aside and then immediately replaced.





Keep chivalry alive, though. Girls go CRAZY over that kind of stuff. Maybe walk with her and her bf, and hold her books or hold the door open for them.





If all else fails, go up next to the STBX and fart - really badly. Make it lok like he did it and she will be DISGUSTED at him, I assure you.





Good luck, all the best, and if all else fails...you know what to do. And remember that there are other people out there, maybe a girl who feels this way about you. But since you're a junior, get started ASAP.




if she still has a bf wait a little. but when she breaks up with him, just go for it. if you wait too long she's going to get another guy to make up for her other break up. she proably thinks that both of you are best friends. you should tell her how you feel about her, if she declines just stay friends. if you lose your friendship with her, when you guys grow up, she might would have wanted you to be her bf, but then she might remember that you guys aren't friends anymore. so..... just go for it and see how she reacts, hope i helpled. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment