Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Would it be worth it?

I'm suffering from some serious heartache right now.


I was under the impression that a guy that I recently went out with liked me. He told me several times throughout the date how comfortable he felt around me. He also said this same thing to a mutual friend. I took that as a compliment. However, I was aware that he had recently gotten out of a serious relationship, hence, a major reason for why he hadn't been communticating much after we went out. I called him a week after our date basically...because I was crushed. He told me he he did have a good time on our date, but that it was too soon for him and it wouldn't be fair to me. That, I completely understand--I had kind of been getting over some things from last summer myself.


So the possibility of a friendship came about: getting together for a beer every now and then, etc. He sounded open to it. I invited him to a concert this Friday, and before we hung up--he told me that he was glad that I called. Normally, I would chalk this situation up to something that is pointless because I'm the ultimate pessimist. However, because of the connection I felt with him--I'm very compelled to see if there is any possibility for us in the future. Do you think that it would be worth stepping back and giving this guy some time and space, or am I just wasting my own time?


That movie/book "He's Just Not That Into You" has squashed any molecule of hope that a woman may have, and I refuse to believe that there aren't small exceptions. Maybe he could be just that?



He did give you an answer - too soon for him, and it wouldn't be fair. Most guys won't give you any reason - just blow you off. He respects you. Use that to cultivate a friendship first and see where that goes. Keep your eyes open for others and DON't go all puppy sad eyes on him and just forget about starting a relationship. Respect him back and let him know if he needs to hang with someone, you're up for it - but, be sure you can handle it- emotionally that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment